To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- World Bicycle Relief:
The Power of Bicycles
- World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. Rural students who commute to school on Buffalo bicycles improve school attendance, academic performance and have a shorter, safer commute.
- Ten days of continuous racing in 2017
- Community rallies to ensure Glen Ellyn continues as 2017 series venue with Tour of Lake Ellyn
- Intelligentsia Coffee renews title sponsorship of Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM for two years
- Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM supports youth in Chicago
- 2016 Goose Island Grand Prix
- Willow Springs Challenge Ride
- SRAM Chicago Criterium added to National Calendare
- Latest News Archive
Will you be allowed in a host's home while they are away?
Most likely, with the host's permission. Remember, this is not a hotel. Hosts have gone out of their way for you to stay at their home. Please be respectful at all times and use the areas they have told you is okay and by all means clean up after yourself immediately.
Will they feed you?
No. Hosts often invite riders for a meal but it is not expected. You are expected to plan ahead and bring your own food and seasonings. You will have the use of the kitchen, some space in a refrigerator (may be located elsewhere), stove, etc. and counter space.
Please do not:
- Co-mingle your food with hosts food.
- Leave any appliances on and unattended.
- Forget to clean up after yourselves
Will I have a place to do laundry?
Yes, if your host has a washer and dryer you can use them with their permission. Please always ask to use their washer and dryer to make sure you don't interfere with your host's schedule. Also, NEVER co-mingle your laundry with your hosts. And always time your laundry so that you never leave it sitting in the washer or dryer.
Where will I shower?
Your host will have a shower for you to use. You may have a shower just for you or you may have to share it with the host family. If you are sharing with the host family always ask if they need it first. In any event always clean up after each use.
Will hosts provide transportation?
What else do hosts expect of me?
Hosts expect riders to respect their home and furnishings. If something gets damaged or broken tell them immediately. They'll find out eventually and it's better from you than if they find it on their own.
Is it okay to leave a thank you gift for the hosts?
Absolutely! Some examples are: Signed Team Poster, Team T-shirt, anything cycling related is good.
Lastly, always leave your hosts home in the same or better condition than when you arrived.
For more information, contact:
Host Housing Coordinator
Please include in your housing application:
- Names and genders of all riders
- Dates housing is needed for
- Any allergies within the group
- How many vehicles will you be bringing
- Any other pertinent information