We are excited to offer this program to women cyclists looking for an entry point into racing. Participants will learn from professional women racers who are themselves racing the Intelligentsia Cup, with a hands-on style of instruction, culminating with pro mentors riding alongside in the actual race, coaching the participants!
Valentina Scandolara (2018 series champion)
Daphne Karagianis and LA Sweat team members
Special thanks to both MiiR and TrainingPeaks for providing support for this program. Participants will receive MiiR products and access to TrainingPeaks programs. Also to Saris for providing warm-up trainers.
We have 20 spots in the program and initial eligibility will be focused on those new/newer to racing (i.e. have not raced or had a USA Cycling license prior to 2018), but all are welcome to apply.
Cost is $50 but that amount will be rebated back to participants in the form of entry fee discount for the race series. (Those who have already registered will be refunded that amount.)
Thursday, July 15 – Intro to Racing Seminar
- Evening meet-n-greet and introductions
- Preparing for your first race
- Basic racing strategies
- Q&A with the coaches
Friday, July 16 – Picnic and race watching at West Dundee race
- Picnic course-side with area to meet with pros as they prepare/warm-up
- Watch women’s pro race
- Coach analysis session post-women’s race while observing men’s pro race
Saturday, July 17 – First race!
- Special tent area for getting ready, pinning numbers, nutrition advice, etc …
- Warm-up zone with Science in Sport nutrition products available
- Coaches riding in the race (wearing special vests) to give tips, help dropped riders
- Post-race de-brief with coaches and Science in Sport recovery products available
Sunday, July 18 – Try it again …
- Same format as the previous day
Monday, July 19 & Tuesday, July 20 – … and again and …
- Special warm-up, cool-down area for participants
Wednesday, July 21
- Off-day in race series
- Group recovery ride with special guest and coaches.