To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- World Bicycle Relief:
The Power of Bicycles
- World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. Rural students who commute to school on Buffalo bicycles improve school attendance, academic performance and have a shorter, safer commute.
- Ten days of continuous racing in 2017
- Community rallies to ensure Glen Ellyn continues as 2017 series venue with Tour of Lake Ellyn
- Intelligentsia Coffee renews title sponsorship of Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM for two years
- Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM supports youth in Chicago
- 2016 Goose Island Grand Prix
- Willow Springs Challenge Ride
- SRAM Chicago Criterium added to National Calendare
- Latest News Archive
Prairie State Cycling Series Expands to Multiple Chicago area Communities; Includes 4-day Omnium on 2013 USA Cycling National Criterium Calendar
USA Cycling has announced the venues for its 2013 National Criterium Calendar (NCC), and Prairie State Cycling Series (PSCS) will host a 4-day NCC omnium in the Chicago metro area, July 18-21, 2013.
Nearly 350 pro and amateur racers took to the streets of charming St. Charles, Illinois, this past July for the Sammy's St. Charles Prairie State Criterium, the inaugural PSCS race. Midwest Cycling Series, LLC, promoter of PSCS as well as Tour of America's Dairyland (ToAD), a 11-day series in Wisconsin, has specifically targeted the Chicago metro area for a multi-day race series in 2013.
"Sammy's Bikes and Sammy's Cycling Club stepped up to the plate just a few months back, and together we proved with a stellar race day that there is a market for a quality July race series in the Chicago metro area," said PSCS Executive Director Marco Colbert, an Illinois native. "Our goal is to have in Illinois in July, the same caliber of a well-respected series that ToAD produces in Wisconsin in June. We are thrilled to be selected as the host of four NCC dates by USA Cycling."
The entire 2013 PSCS schedule will be announced later this year. Multiple Chicago metro communities are currently in negotiations with the race organizer.
For more information, please visit www.PrairieStateCyclingSeries.com
- 30 -
About Midwest Cycling Series, LLC
Midwest Cycling Series, LLC, founder and promoter of the Tour of America's Dairyland, comprises six avid cyclists and successful entrepreneurs including U.S. Cycling Team Olympian and Team Sports, Inc. President Tom Schuler, Olympic Road Race Trials qualifier and former Nova Cycle Sports Foundation President Bill Ochowicz, Milwaukee Junior Cycling Team co-Executive Director Bill Koch, National Senior Olympics competitor Jim Michler, Paul Weaver, founder of one of Wisconsin's longest running multi-sport teams, Team Geargrinder, and Jack Hirt, former executive director of the Bike Federation of Wisconsin, who leads day-to-day operations as Executive Director. www.TourofAmericasDairyland.com
For more information, please contact: