To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- World Bicycle Relief:
The Power of Bicycles
- World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. Rural students who commute to school on Buffalo bicycles improve school attendance, academic performance and have a shorter, safer commute.
- Ten days of continuous racing in 2017
- Community rallies to ensure Glen Ellyn continues as 2017 series venue with Tour of Lake Ellyn
- Intelligentsia Coffee renews title sponsorship of Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM for two years
- Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM supports youth in Chicago
- 2016 Goose Island Grand Prix
- Willow Springs Challenge Ride
- SRAM Chicago Criterium added to National Calendare
- Latest News Archive
SRAM Joins Intelligentsia Cup as Presenting Sponsor
Chicago-based cycling company becomes title sponsor of Chicago Criterium venue
Chicago, IL - June 22, 2015 - The Intelligentsia Cup bicycle racing series is proud to welcome SRAM Corporation as the presenting sponsor of the 2015 series, as well as title sponsor of the final race of the series, the SRAM Chicago Criterium.
Based in Chicago SRAM is a leader in bicycle component technology, and recently moved its headquarters to the West Loop neighborhood, just blocks away from the Chicago Criterium venue on West Fulton Street.
"The Intelligentsia Cup is homegrown in Chicago just like SRAM," said founding partner Tom Schuler. "The SRAM Chicago Criterium on west Fulton Street on July 26 is sure to be an exciting day of bike racing in the heart of Chicago's near west side. Thank you to all the dedicated folks at SRAM for supporting the Intelligentsia Cup from the beginning."
As part of its sponsorship SRAM will continue to provide its excellent Neutral Race Support service for the entire series, giving all racers - regardless of their component choice - neutral wheels, mechanical support and even complete bikes to stay in the race. As well SRAM will continue to sponsor three categories in the series focused on developing new racers - women category 3/4, category 4 and master's category 3/4.
- 30 -
Founded in 1987, SRAM is a global component manufacturer featuring several leading cycling brands including Zipp, Quarq, Avid, Truvativ, and RockShox. SRAM makes a compete range of bicycle components for all levels of enthusiasts, from Grand Tour winning professionals to the causal cyclist. For more information please visit: http://www.sram.com.
About the Intelligentsia Cup
Founded in 2012 as the Prairie State Cycling Series, the Intelligentsia Cup brings competitive bicycle racing to the Chicago metro area, featuring top-level professional and elite amateur athletes. Each race venue includes exciting racing complemented by healthy and fun family activities, a lifestyle expo, as well as food and beverage from local vendors. For the complete schedule, please visit: http://www.intelligentsiacup.com.
For more information, please contact:
+1 630 890 0209
+1 847 644 0277