To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- World Bicycle Relief:
The Power of Bicycles
- World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. Rural students who commute to school on Buffalo bicycles improve school attendance, academic performance and have a shorter, safer commute.
- Ten days of continuous racing in 2017
- Community rallies to ensure Glen Ellyn continues as 2017 series venue with Tour of Lake Ellyn
- Intelligentsia Coffee renews title sponsorship of Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM for two years
- Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM supports youth in Chicago
- 2016 Goose Island Grand Prix
- Willow Springs Challenge Ride
- SRAM Chicago Criterium added to National Calendare
- Latest News Archive
Vista Health System Waukegan Criterium
Friday, July 18, 2014
Allar, Hartley Win Intelligentsia Cup Opener In Waukegan
The 2014 Intelligentsia Cup kicked off the eight race series on the shores of Lake Michigan with the inaugural Vista Health Waukegan Criterium. A flowing four corner rectangle course with a slight rise to the finish line made for a day full of a attacking.
Following the amateur category racing a stacked pro women's field took to the course. Notable names such as Tina Pic (Fearless Femme) and Erica Allar (Colavita) were pre-race favorites along with a strong contingent from Pepper Palace. But in the end it was Allar easily taking the win from the field sprint.
In the pro men's race it was all eyes on the newly crowned elite national champion Daniel Holloway (Athlete Octane). Many breaks and splits formed but nobody wanted to see him in it. So it was up to his teammates and finally a breakaway of five decided the day with teamtate Chad Hartley as the victor.
The racing moves south along the coast to Lake Bluff on Saturday for the USA Cycling National Criterium Calendar event where many more pro teams will toe the line, including United Health Care and Optum Pro Cycling.