To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- World Bicycle Relief:
The Power of Bicycles
- World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. Rural students who commute to school on Buffalo bicycles improve school attendance, academic performance and have a shorter, safer commute.
- Ten days of continuous racing in 2017
- Community rallies to ensure Glen Ellyn continues as 2017 series venue with Tour of Lake Ellyn
- Intelligentsia Coffee renews title sponsorship of Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM for two years
- Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM supports youth in Chicago
- 2016 Goose Island Grand Prix
- Willow Springs Challenge Ride
- SRAM Chicago Criterium added to National Calendare
- Latest News Archive
Waukegan and Elmhurst racing action heats up series
The Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM continued Thursday at the Vista Health Waukegan Bike Race and the Elmhurst Cycling Classic Twilight Criterium. Both events had bigger crowds from last year with the new twilight schedule in Elmhurst creating an amazing atmosphere.
In Waukegan it was veteran criterium racer Rahasaan Bahati (Bahati-WTR) taking the win in the men's race while Fearless Femme went one-two with Amy Cutler followed by Loretta Hanson.
Under the lights in Elmhurst Pepper Palace's Sarah Fader broke the strength of Fearless Femme as Hanson and Cutler rounded out the podium of the field sprint. In the men's race it was a surprising three-rider breakaway that stayed away with Julio Padilla attacking on the final lap for the win ahead of Kevin Mullervy and Innokenty Zavyalov with Rahasaan Bahati taking the field sprint.
Ryan Aitcheson (Astellas Cycling Team) and Ana Teresa Casas Bonilla (Mexico) continue to lead the overall series heading into the final two days.
Racing continues with the USA Cycling NCC races in Lake Bluff, streaming live on Cyclingnews.com.
- 30 -
About the Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM
Founded in 2012 as the Prairie State Cycling Series, the Intelligentsia Cup brings competitive bicycle racing to the Chicago metro area, featuring top-level professional and elite amateur athletes. Each race venue includes exciting racing complemented by healthy and fun family activities, a lifestyle expo, as well as food and beverage from local vendors. For the complete schedule, please visit: http://www.intelligentsiacup.com.
For more information, please contact:
+1 630 890 0209
+1 847 644 0277