List of Venues
- Schedule Overview
- July 15th: Beverly/Chicago, IL
Beverly Hills Cycling Classic
- July 16th: Glen Ellyn, IL
The Packey Webb Ford Tour of Glen Ellyn pb INTENT Coaching
- July 17th: Willow Springs, IL
Wintrust Willow Springs Road Race
- July 18th: Logan Sq/Chicago, IL
Coffee Shop "Recovery Ride"
- July 20th: West Dundee, IL
West Dundee River Challenge
- July 21st: South Chicago, IL
South Chicago Kermesse
- July 22nd: Elmhurst, IL
Superior Ambulance Elmhurst Cycling Classic
- PRT EVENT
July 23rd: Lake Bluff, IL
Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium & Block Party
- PRT EVENT
July 24th: Fulton St/Chicago, IL
Goose Island Grand Prix pb SRAM
To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- World Bicycle Relief:
The Power of Bicycles
- World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. Rural students who commute to school on Buffalo bicycles improve school attendance, academic performance and have a shorter, safer commute.
- Ten days of continuous racing in 2017
- Community rallies to ensure Glen Ellyn continues as 2017 series venue with Tour of Lake Ellyn
- Intelligentsia Coffee renews title sponsorship of Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM for two years
- Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM supports youth in Chicago
- 2016 Goose Island Grand Prix
- Willow Springs Challenge Ride
- SRAM Chicago Criterium added to National Calendare
- Latest News Archive
July 23rd: Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium & Block Party
Lake Bluff, IL - July 19, 2016 - For the fifth consecutive year, Northwestern Medicine® is the title sponsor and health care partner for the 2016 Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium and Block Party. The event will be held on Saturday, July 23rd in downtown Lake Bluff, Illinois.
"Promoting active activities like cycling supports our Northwestern Medicine mission to create healthy communities," said Thomas J. McAfee, president of Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital. "We are proud to sponsor this wonderful community event and we hope families will watch these professional and advanced racers and walk away inspired to incorporate cycling and fitness into their daily routines."
"I am thrilled to have Northwestern Medicine return as title sponsor!" said Race Director Marco Colbert. "Everyone in town really looks forward to this event all year long. Our pro men and pro women cycling races will again attract national attention as part of USA Cycling's Pro Road Tour (PRT) calendar and will draw top cyclists from across the country and around the world. And we have two new styles of racing - a hand-cycling race this year for disabled individuals plus "fixed gear" races for bikes with no brakes!"
"We are proud to again host the Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium & Block Party," said Lake Bluff Village President Kathleen O'Hara. "Please join us for a special event that is fun for the whole family, and an exciting opportunity for an intergenerational experience to witness world-class athletes in the beautiful back-drop of our charming and welcoming community."
The criterium-style bicycle racing is combined again with the Lake Bluff Block Party, to provide residents a great day of outdoor music, sport and fun. The bicycle racing will run from 9:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.; the Block Party will be from 4:00 pm until 11:00 pm. There will be kid's games on the Green in the afternoon and fun bicycle races for kids ages 3-9 will start at 6:00 pm. Local restaurants will provide a Taste of Lake Bluff on the Green, and live music is staged in the Gazebo during the Block Party from 8:00 pm to the end of the party.
This year's event will again feature a Jumbotron screen across from the Village Green and the racing action in the afternoon and evening can be viewed live on the internet at http://www.intelligentsiacup.com/live and simultaneously on Lake Forest TV. The Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium & Block Party is the second to last stage of the Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM race series.
|9:00a||Juniors M15-18/W15-18||30 minutes|
|9:35a||Cat 4/5||40 minutes|
|10:20p||Women Cat 4||30 minutes|
|10:55a||Masters 35+ Cat 3/4||40 minutes|
|11:40a||Women Cat 2/3||40 minutes|
|12:25p||Masters 50+/60+ Cat 1/2/3/4
p/b Team MACK
|1:10p||Cat 2/3||50 minutes|
|2:05p||Masters 35+ Cat 1/2/3||60 minutes|
|3:10p||Hand Cycle Race Open
p/b Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
|3:45p||Fyxation Open Women
Track Bike Street Crit
|4:20p||Fyxation Open Men
Track Bike Street Crit
|5:00p||Pro Women Cat 1/2||60 minutes|
|6:05p||Kids' Fun Races
p/b Lake Forest Bank & Trust
|6:40p||Pro Men Cat 1||90 minutes|
Race Flyer: Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium Flyer
Racers are advised to use the following parking in Lake Bluff:
- the METRA lot on Sheridan Rd. just north of Scranton Ave.
- the Forest Bluff School lot just west of the RR tracks at Scranton (176) and Mawman
- access ample street parking east of the racecourse via either Sheridan Pl. or North Ave.
GPS Location: 113 East Scranton Avenue, Lake Bluff, IL 60044