List of Venues
- Schedule Overview
- July 15th: Beverly/Chicago, IL
Beverly Hills Cycling Classic
- July 16th: Glen Ellyn, IL
The Packey Webb Ford Tour of Glen Ellyn pb INTENT Coaching
- July 17th: Willow Springs, IL
Wintrust Willow Springs Road Race
- July 18th: Logan Sq/Chicago, IL
Coffee Shop "Recovery Ride"
- July 20th: West Dundee, IL
West Dundee River Challenge
- July 21st: South Chicago, IL
South Chicago Kermesse
- July 22nd: Elmhurst, IL
Superior Ambulance Elmhurst Cycling Classic
- PRT EVENT
July 23rd: Lake Bluff, IL
Northwestern Medicine Lake Bluff Criterium & Block Party
- PRT EVENT
July 24th: Fulton St/Chicago, IL
Goose Island Grand Prix pb SRAM
To benefit World Bicycle Relief
- World Bicycle Relief:
The Power of Bicycles
- World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through the Power of Bicycles. Rural students who commute to school on Buffalo bicycles improve school attendance, academic performance and have a shorter, safer commute.
- Ten days of continuous racing in 2017
- Community rallies to ensure Glen Ellyn continues as 2017 series venue with Tour of Lake Ellyn
- Intelligentsia Coffee renews title sponsorship of Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM for two years
- Intelligentsia Cup p/b SRAM supports youth in Chicago
- 2016 Goose Island Grand Prix
- Willow Springs Challenge Ride
- SRAM Chicago Criterium added to National Calendare
- Latest News Archive
July 17th: Wintrust Willow Springs Road Race
The first annual Willow Springs Challenge Ride will be held on Sunday, July 17 from 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on the same course used for the Illinois State Road Racing Championships, part of the Intelligentsia Cup powered by SRAM bicycle racing series. Local residents are invited to take part in this mass cycling event, open to anyone with a bicycle and a helmet.
The goal of the event is for individuals to challenge themselves to their own abilities. It can be as simple as taking a bike that has been collecting dust in the garage for too many years and getting out on the course or by trying to complete as many laps of the course as possible in the time allotted. We welcome any and all types of cyclists!
"We really wanted to give the residents of Willow Springs something they can call their own," said Tom Schuler, managing partner of the race series. "We are really thankful for the village to allow us to have our race here. This type of event, being open to anyone who can ride a bike, will give everyone a chance to experience the great riding of the area."
Come enjoy the beautiful scenery that compromises the Willow Springs course, along beautiful wooded, hilly roads running through the Village of Willow Springs and the surrounding the Cook County Forest Preserve.
Participants will receive a complimentary Imperial Oak Brewing beer token for all adult participants. Support (SAG) service provided at the event by Ultimate Pro Bikes located in nearby Countryside.
|Start Time||Category||# Laps
(1 lap = 3.82 mi)
|9:30a||Cat 5||22.9 mi / 6 laps|
|9:31a||Women Cat 4||26.7 mi / 7 laps|
|9:38a||Juniors M9-14/W9-14||7.6 mi / 2 laps|
|11:00a||Women Cat 2/3||38.2 mi / 10 laps|
|11:05a||Cat 4||38.2 mi / 10 laps|
|11:06a||Juniors M15-18/W15-18||30.6 mi / 8 laps|
|1:00p||Cat 2/3||49.7 mi / 13 laps|
|1:05p||Masters 50+/60+ Cat 1/2/3/4
p/b Team Mack
|45.8 mi / 12 laps|
|3:05p||Pro Women Cat 1/2||49.7 mi / 13 laps|
|3:10p||Masters 35+ Cat 3/4||42.0 mi / 11 laps|
|5:25p||Pro Men Cat 1/2||68.8 mi / 18 laps|
|5:30p||Masters 35+ Cat 1/2/3||57.3 mi / 15 laps|
Race Flyer: Wintrust Willow Springs Road Race
Racer Parking Options:
Enter the venue on Willow Springs Road from the north, or Archer Ave from the east, but not on Archer Ave from the west.
GPS Location: 1 Village Circle, Willow Springs, IL 60480