Welcome to the 10th anniversary edition of the Intelligentsia Cup! On behalf of Tom Schuler and myself, our sponsors, staff, crew, volunteers and local organizing committees, I wish you a safe, fair, and fun race(s)!
The Intelligentsia Cup is conducted under USAC rules plus any and all rules specific to the Intelligentsia Cup (including rules applicable to the American Criterium Cup event in Lake Bluff on July 30th), so please read the tech guide.
Race Communiques will be sent out the evening prior to each stage, so please be sure to check your email so you are alerted to any and all updates.
Important reminders for the series:
- Each day during the series, payouts for primes and prizes will be located near Registration. Hours are daily from 12:30 PM to 7:30 PM with extended hours the final two days of the series. Riders are requested to collect prize checks at the end of the series, or when they go home from the series.
- Cash primes will be made available from 12:30 PM onward the day of each race. Please be sure to pick up your primes on the day you race!
- Be respectful. No littering, public urination, parking in unauthorized areas, etc.
- Arrive early, and be prepared to race. Every year there are a handful of riders who miss their race because they underestimate the time it will take them to park and ready themselves and/or their bikes.
A few important notes for West Dundee:
- Regarding team tents: the interior of Grafelman Park is for our expo sponsors. Teams are welcome to set up on the parkway near the finish line (that is, the area between the curb & sidewalk.)
- Follow signs for event parking. Parking on neighborhood streets is discouraged.
- Starting at 6:30 PM in the Restaurant and Entertainment Corridor, Creeden & Associates is sponsoring the West Dundee River Challenge Social. (Food & drink chits will be provided to all pro cyclists.)
- Local restaurants will feature race day menus and drinks, served race-side. Bag sets will also be available to play.
- The Music Stage will feature live music by local band That’s Enough! to enjoy while eating, drinking and dancing at the end of the racing day.
Thank you for racing with us this year. Have fun, be safe, and go for glory!
- Marco Colbert, Race Director